Thanksgiving is a time of celebration with family, friends, and good food! However, some of the factors that come along with that like holiday weight gain and added stress can be worrisome for someone with varicose veins. Make sure to put your vein health first this holiday season.
Read on to learn about Thanksgiving foods that are vein-healthy, what to avoid adding to your meal, and other factors you should be aware of to keep your veins in good health this holiday.
Vein-Healthy Thanksgiving Foods
- Cranberries. Cranberries are full of antioxidants and nutrients that are vein-healthy, including Vitamin C, Vitamin E, and Copper.
- Turkey. The Thanksgiving staple contains Protein and Vitamin B, which can improve the circulation of your veins.
- Green Vegetables. Green veggies typically contain healthy amounts of Vitamin C and Fiber. So, make sure to pile the green beans, broccoli, and kale salad on your plate this Thanksgiving.
- Sweet Potatoes. According to Medical News Today, sweet potatoes are high in fiber, promoting healthy digestion. But, that’s not all. Sweet potatoes also contain Choline, which has anti-inflammatory benefits.
What To Avoid
- Alcohol. Drinking increases your heart rate, putting even more of a strain on your veins. Alcohol also affects your liver. Your liver’s primary function is to filter your blood to remove toxins from the body, which may further aggravate your varicose veins.
- Added Salt. High salt intake can increase the volume of blood you are pumping through your body, adding extra stress on your veins.
Other Factors to Keep In Mind
- Weight. Everyone looks forward to a large Thanksgiving meal, followed by a nap. However, overeating can cause weight gain. And weight gain puts pressure on your veins, which can potentially worsen varicose vein symptoms.
- Stress. Although the holidays are a time to reflect on everything you are grateful for, stress is unavoidable with the high volume of travel and preparation for the big meal. Stress can cause unnecessary weight gain and poor blood circulation, so make sure you take time for yourself to decompress and manage your stress in a healthy, effective way.
- Black Friday Shopping. We all want to get the best deals. In fact, about 70% of adults shopped for Black Friday deals last year, either in-store or online. Keep in mind that standing for long periods of time in stores can be uncomfortable for someone with varicose veins because of the pressure it puts on your veins.
This holiday season, get Vanexxe. Vanexxe is the world’s leading varicose vein support gel that works to reduce the appearance of bulging varicose veins without surgery. Vanexxe is a roll-on solution that is compact for easy travel. The gel will give you visible results in under an hour, thanks to powerful, all-natural ingredients. Gain back your confidence as you watch your varicose veins shrink with Vanexxe!