Varicose veins don’t just affect women. In fact, 45% of all men will experience varicose veins at some point in their lives. Although that statistic is slightly smaller than women (55%), the fact of the matter is that men experience the vein issue too.
So if you’re a man who is suffering from varicose veins, what can you do about it? Keep reading to learn about how symptoms may differ and tips for men to deal with their varicose veins.
Symptoms of Varicose Veins
Varicose veins occur when the valve in your vein that normally pushes blood to your heart becomes damaged. Once damaged, the valve allows blood to the heart and back, causing a pool of blood in your legs that causes bulging varicose veins.
Symptoms for both men and women are generally pretty similar. If you are dealing with varicose veins, you may experience pain in your legs, throbbing or itching sensations, weak or tired calves, cramping, veins that bulge under the skin and appear blue or purple, and restless leg syndrome.
Tips For Men Dealing with Varicose Veins
- Exercise. Movement gets your blood pumping. Blood flow can improve your vein health. Make sure to involve safe leg exercises to help strengthen your muscles and veins. Walking, calf raises, lunges, and bicycle kicks are great exercises for your varicose veins.
- Take care of your leg muscles. Sometimes, damage to the vein walls is due to sports or muscle injuries. Take all protective measures possible to prevent injury to your legs.
- Don’t stand or sit too often. When you sit or stand too often, you don’t allow your legs to move. The longer you sit or longer you stand, the longer blood pools into your legs instead of pumping efficiently.
- Watch your diet. A diet that is high in essential vitamins and minerals is extremely important for your vein health. Avoid a high salt intake and excessive consumption of sugar or fast foods.
- Limit alcohol use. Drinking increases your heart rate, putting even more of a strain on your veins than there already is. Alcohol also affects your liver. Your liver’s primary function is to filter your blood to remove toxins from the body, which may further aggravate your varicose veins.
- Use Vanexxe as a varicose vein solution. Vanexxe is a revolutionary vein-support formula that tackles varicose veins head-on with superlative results in under an hour. Vanexxe is infused with a unique combination of skin-firming extracts, blood vessel-strengthening compounds, wound-healing activators, hydrating compounds and activated K and B-vitamins, to reduce the appearance of varicose veins.